Friday, October 5, 2007

Hurdle #1

The Surprise Baby quilt continues, but as much as I loved the colors next to each other on the olt, I found that I don't love them as much when they are sewn up together.

I'm not sure if it's the fabric itself or the pattern I'm not loving. As gorgeous and modern as I think the original Drunk Love quilt is, it's not working for me here, it looks too country for my taste. I wonder if it's because when I see it in person, it's very obvious that it's a log cabin quilt and not just nested squares.

What I do like is the strip of patterned fabric I used in the larger square below, it gives it just enough pattern and a little splash of interest. Right now, I'm killing time before going to the Fabric Place to buy more coordinating patterned fabric. I'm not ready to give up on this yet, but I don't want to commit to something I don't love.

I think the main problem is it's not scrappy enough, so I'll try to fix that.

I also haven't given up on the circles idea. Maybe some simple 2 colored blocks with appliqued circles...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: