Wednesday, October 3, 2007

NEXT!

I'll post more about the end of the Coin Quilt once I can take some good photos of it, but for now it's on to the next project, Marisa's baby's quilt.

I'm envisioning this as a combination of the Drunk Love quilt and the Buncha Squares quilt, both basically variations on the log cabin pattern.

Tonight I got started by cutting my turquoise corduroy into square-like shapes, and cutting the solids into strips. I also cut some left over pattern fabric into strips to use as well. I cut the strips straight, but not with square, 90 degree corners. Each of my strips are about 11" long, and I am planning on cutting them to length as I need them based on the "log" before it. I'll keep my scissors with me as I go.

This is the plan anyway. We'll see how it goes. For now let's call it "Surprise Baby Quilt," because whether this will be for a boy or girl is the surprise.

No comments: